This particular Creamy chicken salad recipe is from the Fixate cookbook from Autumn Calabrese, created of the 21 Day Fix. I think it’s a great example of how healthy does not have to be boring and it’s a great way to get in A LOT of containers in one meal. Plus pretty much everyone likes it! It’s a challenge group favorite by far!!Creamy Chicken Salad w/Honey Mustard Dressing
Makes 4 servings and extra dressing!! The color coded portion control container count is 2 green, 1 red, 1/2 purple, 1/2 blue and 1/2 orange.
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breast (boneless / skinless)
- 1/2 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup Honey Mustard Dressing (see below)
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Serve 1 1/4 cup Creamy Chicken Salad over 2 cups of romaine lettuce per serving.
Honey Mustard Dressing:
** Serves 8 with 2 Tbsp per serving
** 1 Orange Container
- 1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard, gluten-free
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste (optional)
Directions: Combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl and mix well. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until well blended.
**Notes: I dont use rotisserie chicken, I just posh my own chicken breasts and hen shred them using my stand mixer. I also don’t use tarragon or that much yogurt. I’ve even tried it without yogurt and it’s yummy. I have served it in a wrap and it was great!!!