Makes 5 servings. Each serving is 1 red, 1 green.
What you need:
- 2 lb of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken (I use beef)
- 1 head of cabbage (on the smaller side)
- You can also add bok choy (optional)
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1/4 onion chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heaping tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 TBS oil (sesame or vegetable)
- 4-5 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBS rice vinegar
- 4tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- First, shred cabbage with a serrated knife. It is important to cut the cabbage with a serrated knife because it will shred the cabbage. Or chop bok choy. Then place cabbage and bok choy in a large mixing bowl. Shred the carrots with a vegetable peeler and toss well.
- Then brown your ground meat with finely diced onions and minced garlic. Drain grease from meat if needed.
- Fill the pan full of cabbage, bok choy and carrots. Then add fresh grated ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and ground black pepper (or crushed red pepper).
- If you have to split the mixture because you do not have a large sauté pan or wok, half the cabbage mixture, ground meat, ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, and black pepper between batches.
- Once you have everything in the pan toss with tongs until coated evenly. Cover and cook over medium heat until cabbage has wilted, toss occasionally!