Mexican Taco Meat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. raw 93% ground turkey
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. no sugar added tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste (no salt added)1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat
2. Add onion and jalapenos, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to bowl, set aside.
4. Add turkey to skillet; cook over medium heath for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently to break up meat, until turkey is no longer pink.
5. Season with chili powder, oregano, and salt.
6. Add onion mixture, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Mix well, reduce heat to medium low and gently boil, stirring frequently 8 to 10 minutes.