Today is the day to rest & plan the week.
The brain dump allows you to have some peace & increases your chances of success.
What can you plan?
- Meals. What’s for dinner every night this week? Lunch? Breakfast? Even if you don’t want to prep, having a plan is a BIG help during the week.
- Schedule. Appointments? Meetings? Kid stuff? Get it out of your head and see what you’re working with time wise. Which days do you need to have an extra cup of coffee? 😉
- To dos. What needs to get done this week? How are you going to get it done?
- Goals. What’s the goal for the week? What’s the focus? Thugs ebb and flow and often we feel like we might have a theme to the week. One week it might be getting through the last week of school! One week might be to get a big project complete at work. One week might be resetting your healthy eating. Pick your focus and get your mind wrapped around it.
A game changer in my house is reflecting & planning WITH my husband. It’s called a marriage meeting.
There are so many reasons this is important, but here are 3:
- It gets us on the same side, working as a team.
- It’s communication on purpose. Less surprises during the week, less fights, more control, more teamwork.
- I’m a words of affirmation kind of lady. Chris doesn’t mind giving them but it really isn’t something he thinks about. Beginning the meeting by filling the love tank helps the meeting go better, but it gets me what I need too!
I have NOT perfected or even designed my marriage meeting agenda to the level I want, but I invite you to give it a try anyway. If you can add this one habit in on Sunday & with your spouse, it will be a game changer!